Become a friend of Nottingham museums
Friends of Nottingham Museums welcome you to share your time, knowledge and experience if you are passionate about Nottingham’s history and heritage and you enjoy visiting museum sites. Established in 1977, the Friends provide support to Nottingham City Council’s museums and galleries. They raise funds to enable the purchase of new items for the collections, assist in volunteer projects, work at events and lead tours.
Who are the friends?
The Friends are a group of like-minded people with a pride in Nottingham and its heritage. With the desire to promote the importance of the city’s museums, they devote time and effort to the continued development of these historic sites.
The benefit of being a Friend
- Free admission to all museums (special events will incur a charge, excludes parking where available)
- Invitations to all Private Views and Exhibitions
- Copies of the Nottingham City Council ‘What’s On’ guide.
- Copies of the ‘Friends’ quarterly newsletters
- Guided and illustrated talks with Museum and Galleries staff
- 10% discount off all purchases made in museum shops over the value of £5
- Involvement in museums events
- A varied programme of lectures, illustrated talks and visits to galleries and historic places.
For further information and current prices please call 0115 8762187